Labels

Friday 28 April 2017

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Throughout making this film, I have not only developed my skills in blogging, filming and editing using adobe premiere pro, but also teamwork and confidence.Throughout the creation of the preliminary task, I learned how to incorporate match-on-action into filming. This allowed me to have a wider range of continuity shots which I could then use in my two-minute film. Using Adobe Premiere Pro to edit the preliminary task allowed me to have some preparation in editing for when it came to editing our two-minute film, this meant that I wasn't having to waste time trying to find the right tools as I already knew where they were; which meant I could use my time more efficiently. From the preliminary task to the main task, I feel like I took on more of a leadership role which helped to increase my management skills and made sure to keep the group organised and ensure they each member of the group knew what they were doing and what tasks they had to do. I also helped to ensure that we stayed within deadlines and on target during the filming process as we had to re-film which set us back quite a bit. Our preliminary task enabled us to practice and incorporate our current film skills such as match-on-action the 180-degree rule and shot-reverse-shot. One strength of the preliminary task was we successfully used shot-reverse-shots and match-on-action which makes the audience member feel immersed whilst hiding the editing as much as possible.

I feel that I have gotten exceptionally better at editing clips together. I felt that when I edited the preliminary task, the transitions between the shots were choppy and didn't flow together smoothly. I realised my mistake which helped me to make the editing in my 2-minute film much better and more professional. For our final piece, we developed hugely in regards to continuity. This is important because having errors and mistakes in the final version would make our piece looks unprofessional and it would seem as if we didn't put a lot of thought or effort into the process of editing. Continuity was a big part of our film as we had lots of long scenes in one location and shots that carried on from each other; so we needed to make sure it remained continuous. For example, when one of the characters is walking up to the house and then enters the front door, we needed to make sure the transition remained smooth and that nothing looked jumpy or sudden. We developed massively throughout the process of our preliminary task to our main task. Through creating the preliminary, we learnt to understand the 180-degree rule which made it easier to remember to keep to one side whilst filming; which helped to not confuse the audience as they didn't see the character from an angle that would disorientate the setting. Match-on-action is also very important when not breaking the continuity of the film. We incorporated match on action where one of the characters is opening the door to the house and walking through it. We used the same shot types in our preliminary task which gave us some insight on how to properly edit the shots together.

During our preliminary task, we used all continuity methods such as match-on-action and the 180-degree rule. However when we filmed our preliminary task, we only filmed a few parts of the scene from each angle, this meant that we were limited to what shots we could use in the editing process. We realised our mistake of not shooting the whole scene from one angle and then moving onto the next angle and filming the whole scene again. We developed throughout the main task as when we were filming we knew to film the whole scene at different angles in order to give us a wider and varied choice of shots when it came to editing.

NOTE: I made a presentation to this question on Prezi, but it wouldn't embed on the blog due to Prezi being updated. Here is the link to the Prezi: https://prezi.com/view/ST1dhci7zVHc8iSBlJuX/

No comments:

Post a Comment